Reaching out into the community; meeting needs and connecting with individuals to make difference…because life can be better.
Touching the Community
HopeLINK strives to listen to the concerns of the Gladstone community and stay abreast of current social needs that impact the region. HopeLINK works proactively to intervene through programs, makes necessary referrals and discusses potential solutions to community needs. A holistic approach is taken by HopeLINK that recognise people’s real needs and seeks to restore and empower the whole person. As a community advocate, HopeLINK struggles determinedly to help build a stronger Gladstone community.
Bringing hope to the weary through community
Sometimes families and individuals are faced with what seems like a hopeless situation. At HopeLINK we endeavour to see past the hopelessness to the solutions and empower those in need to find the solutions required to meet those needs. Through support, encouragement and education, we believe that a strong community can stand united and show the way for others.
Objects of HopeLINK
The objects of HopeLINK are:
- to identify social needs within the community and seek to establish interventions to address such needs and deprivation
- to engage and equip the members of the Church, the wider Christian community and the general public in service to the community thereby strengthening the community
- to train and equip individuals who are in destitute circumstances by reason of poverty, sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness and to empower them to lead better lives
- to offer practical support, encouragement and assistance where none currently exists for those in the community who are in destitute circumstances by reason of poverty, sickness, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness and to empower them to lead better lives
- to negate the effects of dis-empowerment on marginalised and/or vulnerable groups within the community such as migrants, the disabled, disenfranchised youth and women at risk from abuse
- to connect people and organisations to assist those who are in need.
HopeLINK has a management Committee appointed by the members of HopeLINK. The members are the elected Elders of Churches of Christ Gladstone.