Run by men for men, this group provides fresh insight and support for those going through hardship associated with family breakdown.
- inSight Men’s Circle is a group for men in the Gladstone region who have gone through family breakdown.
- The group is run by men for men. These men understand the unique pressures and difficulties associated with losing a partner, a marriage, a connection with your kids, and even yourself.
- The group runs to not just offer men support but to develop some skills to step forward in their lives, so that they can live, love, and grow again.
- The aim is for men to walk away stronger, wiser, and more confident in themselves.
Who Can Come Along?
- While inSight Men’s Circle is for men who have gone through family and relationship breakdown, we also encourage other good men from the community to come along and participate as supporters. Supporters will be trained up in how to stand by another man who is in distress, and will also walk away from the experience stronger, wiser, and more confident, perhaps even discovering along the way more of what it is to be a man in the modern world.
- Participants and supporters are advised that, as this is a group for men, it is not appropriate to bring children along.
What Will it be Like?
- Men who come along to the insight Men’s Circle will be asked to fill in a Registration Form and a Participation Agreement. This outlines the expectations for conduct and participation in the group.
- The group will be lead by a group leader, and guidance and insight will be provided by the group mentor. These men are volunteers who have given their time and dedication to achieve better outcomes for men going through the challenges of relationship breakdown.
- The group leader is in charge, will call people to order, and will ensure that all present have a chance to be heard. Participants are also expected to come ready to step forward in their lives, sober, and with the ability to listen. The group mentor will provide support, challenges, and will help to light the path forward.
- Men who are there are invited to speak their truth of what is happening for them, and will be listened to.
- While inSight Men’s Circle is supported by HopeLINK and Shed 19, the group is not conducted with any religious content or beliefs. All present are entitled to believe what they want to believe.
How Do I Get in Touch?
- Anyone wanting to get involved, or anyone wanting to make a referral on behalf of another man should contact HopeLINK and register their interest. Details of the next group will be provided, and their information will be passed on to the group leader or the group mentor.
- If when contacting HopeLINK a participant wants to know more, an appointment can be made with the group mentor to discuss what is going on for them, however this is geared towards preparing to attend the group rather than individual therapy.
- Supporters may become available for one-to-one support for men who attend the inSight Men’s Circle.
inSight for Men brochure (click on the image below)